Setting up a NETGEAR router is very easy and once you have the router and are connected to it, it only takes a few minutes to set it up. You can follow this quick guide to easily configure your NETGEAR router.
- Connect the ethernet cable to the back of your NETGEAR router and turn it on. Subsequently we log in to the router ip 192.168.l.254
- Now connect to the Internet via WiFi, open your web browser and go to http://www.routerlogin.com or http://www.routerlogin.net.
- A login page will appear. Enter the default user name and password. The default user name is admin and the default password is password.
- Once logged in, go to Internet from the menu > Setup Wizard > New Connection and follow NETGEAR Genie to configure your router.
- If “DSL PPPoE Internet Connection” is detected, ask your ISP for the user name and password.
- Once your router is configured, the Internet connection status will be GOOD.
- Now visit the Wireless section to configure your Wi-Fi network.
- Select an SSID (name) for your Wi-Fi network and select an appropriate password under Security Options (WPA2-PSK) Password.
- Apply the changes and you are done configuring your NETGEAR router.